Acupuncture may seem like a new thing, but it has been practiced, researched and refined for thousands of years longer than western medicine has existed. Western medicine is evolving too. Old prejudices are giving way to new ideas and acceptance of other natural healing therapies and techniques. The new model of integrative medicine is patient-centered and embraces any effective solution to the many common and uncommon ailments.
You should consider acupuncture if any of these apply to you:
- People who have tried more familiar therapies without success, particularly for a chronic or recurring problem
- Anyone who wants to minimize or not deal with the risks and side effects of conventional Western medicine
- The person who wishes to emphasize wellness and prevention over the disease model of medicine and is willing to make lifestyle changes to achieve optimum health
- People who want to try something different
- You are open to it!
Other Reasons to Try Acupuncture
- Many medical insurance policies cover it
- Acupuncturists are certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Acupuncturists and must be licensed by the state to practice acupuncture
- Acupuncture needles are regulated as medical devices by the FDA and must be handled properly
- Acupuncture can be combined with and aid other medical and natural treatments
- No surgical or medicinal side effects
- Can treat a wide variety of conditions